Knowledge Business Centre
Developing a Culture of Innovation, Raising Awareness Within Departments of the Potential for Developing Ideas
An entire wing of InfoLab21 is dedicated to the Knowledge Business Centre (KBC), which houses the Business Development Department, including the Graduate and Student Academies, twenty business units and facilities for incubation, and also ICT Focus, the ICT Training Department.
The KBC was specifically developed to facilitate Knowledge Transfer and collaboration, primarily led by its Business Development Team who:
- Act as a link between businesses and InfoLab21 academics
- Facilitate joint research projects and ventures by identifying suitable partnerships, enabling businesses and academics to work side by side to develop new products and processes
- Support new opportunities for academic/business engagement and technology transfer
- Engage with and link regional ICT clusters
- Assist staff and student to create high-tech start-ups and spin-out companies
"The abundance of highly rated research in InfoLab21 means that there is huge scope for knowledge transfer. The KBC is a major new initiative to focus and facilitate this process.
"We act as an innovation hub, providing a gateway for business/academic interaction and transfer expertise between InfoLab21's academics, regional businesses and community partnerships through industry training and technology transfer activities."