InfoLab21 Strategic Innovation Support Programme (ISIS)
ISIS aims to raise levels of ICT investment across the region by providing objective advice, guidance and appropriate ICT solutions to SMEs (Small & Medium Enterprises) throughout the Northwest, supporting business changes to minimise cost and maximise the benefits from ICT, both now and in the future.
ISIS is the first project of its kind in the UK and is delivered under the “Transformational ICT” product, part of the Government’s Solutions for Business portfolio, a highly targeted, publically funded suit of products and services offering solutions to real business needs.
We act as a ‘technology translator’ providing impartial advice from ICT specialists and transferring knowledge and understanding of ICT. ISIS aims to deliver ICT support to SMEs in order to support business growth in line with ERDF requirements. It seeks to help companies overcome barriers identified by Government and to act as a significant demonstrator of the benefits ICT offers to small businesses. This is achieved in a number of ways that have already been tested through previous delivery and has been proven to be highly successful. All of this is undertaken with the key objective of taking the company to a position where they are confident and able to invest with the digital sector.
We provide support in the following areas:
ISIS is able to help a company move forward in implementing a solution when a company:
- does not have the resource to invest in a bespoke solution
- needs to raise their confidence in the benefits before investing or
- where there is not a readily available off the shelf solution
In some cases the project staff will work with a commercial provider so that a cost barrier is reduced.
We support Northwest business in eligible sectors that recognise the need for ICT investment and have identified growth opportunities for the business through ICT, in particular via new technologies, which could increase productivity, create new business models, increase resource efficiency or support business innovation and exploit new markets.
For more information on which companies we can support please view our page on eligibility.
What we do
- Provide impartial advice and support to help each business identify their ICT needs and take their next step in terms of ICT usage.
- Provide support through one to one consultancy, drawing from the expertise based in the two academic departments in InfoLab21 and experienced Technical Officers and knowledge transfer specialists.
- Spend time with each SME manager to ensure we fully understand the needs of the business and the ICT issues and requirements for business growth.
- Match resources against the business requirements and agree a full plan of action with the company to deliver the support the businesses needs, with an increased commitment to using ICT to grow the business and working with the ICT sector.
- Promote the services offered by the ICT sector to encourage investment in IT products and services and ongoing relationships with ICT suppliers
To see if your company is eligible for this free support please contact
David Oliver, Business Relationship Officer
Solutions for Business is a suite of publicly funded business support products and services designed to help businesses start, grow and succeed. The right advice, loan or grant – at the right time - can make the world of difference to your business. Solutions for Business products are simple to understand and access, good value for money and directed to where they will have most impact to help businesses grow. They are designed to equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills you need to tackle issues your business might be facing.
Eligible businesses can gain support in areas such as starting up, understanding finance, training and skill development, resource efficiency, exploiting ideas, accessing international opportunities and growing your business.
Accessing Other Business Support
InfoLab21 offers a wide range of ICT services and is an official Business Link Hub.
For general business support, Business Link is the government's online resource for businesses.