RSS feeds can deliver the latest InfoLab21 news and events direct to your browser without you having to visit the website.
In most browsers you can click on an RSS link and choose to subscribe to the feed to add it to your favourites or bookmarks.
International Forum: Opportunities with Africa
International Forum: Connecting Research Challenges and Funding with Business Opportunities in Africa: 19th - 20th July 2016, Lancaster University
Lancaster University is hosting a high profile, two-day International Forum to bring together Africans and Europeans from academia, business, government and civil society sectors to co-create and co-design a road map for transformational, long-term capacity building with real impact in the “post-Paris world”. The forum will also consider key challenges, potential partnerships and how these potential activities may be funded.
- To bridge academic, business and policy dimension and begin the co-design mechanisms for facilitating sustainable and innovative engagement within Africa
- To highlight the importance of universities and business working together in partnership to support sustainable innovation and growth
- To co-design a road map for engagement and funding opportunities between the academic/research institutes, the business sector and policy communities, which are applicable to African environments
Invited speakers include:
- Tim Clarke – former EU Ambassador to the African Union, IGAD (Inter Governmental Authority on Development in the Horn of Africa) , the East African Community, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Djibouti
- Patrick Cline – Director, African Institute of Sanitation and Waste Management Ghana
- Lawrence Ezemonye – Deputy VC Uniben & President, Nigerian Environment Society
- Godfrey Simbeye – Executive Director, Tanzania Private Sector Fund (TPSF)
- Professor Nigel Paul - Lancaster Environment Centre, Lancaster University
We have delegates attending from Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique, Zambia, Malawi, Gabon, Cameroun, Cote D’Ivoire, Botswana, Ethiopia, Liberia and the United Kingdom.
Day 1 – presentations and discussions on academia-industry-policy engagement
Day 2 – presentations and discussions on challenges, partnerships and funding opportunities
Organisations are invited to take part in an exhibition which will sit alongside the conference and will provide a useful networking point with all delegates.
To register for the International Forum with Eventbrite just click here! or follow the link on the side.
This year the international forum will be held in the Green Lane Conference Centre, located on the Lancaster University Campus within the 4 Star Lancaster House Hotel.Lancaster Conference Centre,Green Lane,Lancaster,LA1 4GJ
Wed 08 June 2016