RSS feeds can deliver the latest InfoLab21 news and events direct to your browser without you having to visit the website.
In most browsers you can click on an RSS link and choose to subscribe to the feed to add it to your favourites or bookmarks.
Apply Now For BBC Dragons' Den
The BBC are currently taking applications for the fifth series of Dragons' Den.
The programme gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to pitch their innovative business ideas to 5 multi-millionaire investors who choose whether or not to invest in the idea presented.
Lancaster University supported previous Dragons' Den contestants Raw Studio who successfully pitched for a £75,000 investment in their snow-sport invention, the Snowbone.
As demonstrated by the investments in the last four series, ideas, businesses and products that meet some or all of the following criteria stand a good chance of securing the Dragons' interest:
- The Unique Selling Point: a product that serves a need like nothing else.
- Scalability: something that can be up scaled to make real money.
- Route to Market: the clear way the product can be sold and marketed.
- Mutually Beneficial Arrangement: just what will the Dragons get out of it?
- Exit Strategy: a plan of how the entrepreneur/Dragon will exit and make money.
If you are interested in taking an idea further and need advice about starting a business, the university's Lancaster Business Creation project can offer assistance. Contact Jon Powell on 01524 594137.
Series Five of Dragons' Den will be televised this Autumn. For application details follow the link below to the Dragons' Den website.
Mon 09 July 2007