RSS feeds can deliver the latest InfoLab21 news and events direct to your browser without you having to visit the website.
In most browsers you can click on an RSS link and choose to subscribe to the feed to add it to your favourites or bookmarks.
Apply Now For BBC Dragons' Den
The BBC are currently taking applications for the eighth series of Dragons' Den.
The programme is searching for business ideas, inventions or products with serious business potential that are investment ready and looking for funding.
Dragons' Den is a challenging place to pitch but it's also a genuine business opportunity to secure investment. In the most recent series, 15 entrepreneurs received offers of investment in the Den, and plenty more have gone on to find success even without the backing of the dragons.
Filming takes place between April and June so it is recommended that entrepreneurs wanting to apply do so as soon as possible.
Lancaster University supported previous Dragons' Den contestants Raw Studio who successfully pitched for a £75,000 investment in their snow-sport invention, the Snowbone.
As demonstrated by the investments in the last seven series, ideas, businesses and products that meet some or all of the following criteria stand a good chance of securing the Dragons' interest:
- The Unique Selling Point: a product that serves a need like nothing else.
- Scalability: something that can be up scaled to make real money.
- Route to Market: the clear way the product can be sold and marketed.
- Mutually Beneficial Arrangement: just what will the Dragons get out of it?
- Exit Strategy: a plan of how the entrepreneur/Dragon will exit and make money.
For more details and to apply please visit the links below.
Thu 21 January 2010